Application for the academic year 2019/20 now is closed.
Application period for the academic year 2020/21 is January 1 – March 15, 2020
Please apply for the program during the application period via the online application portal of the Goethe-University Frankfurt
- Applicants (national and international students) must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a biomedical, bioscience, other natural sciences, mathematical or psychological field.
- In case the required degree has not been awarded by the time of application, you can still apply if you provide:
- Proof of matriculation
- A detailed certificate of the present status of your studies and the anticipated date of completion of the bachelor program.
- In addition you must have achieved 130 credit points in the bachelor program.
- If not a native speaker the applicant must provide prove of sufficient knowledge of the English language on B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, e.g.:
- TOEFL (ibT) minimum 87
- IELTS minimum 5.5
- A certificate confirming satisfactory knowledge of English based on a Bachelor thesis written in English issued from the faculties of “Biological Science”, “Psychology and Sports”, “Medicine” or “Biochemistry, Chemistry and Pharmacy” of the Goethe-University.
- An at least one-year-long study or occupational stay in an English-speaking country within the last three years
Although almost every German speaks some English, a working knowledge of German is essential for daily private activities. Thus taking German courses is highly recommended.
Necessary documents for application
- Bachelor certificate
- Transcript of records. In addition, high school diploma and other necessary documents revealing all academic assessments and gradings are required. International students need to provide certified copies of the original documents and of the translations. Never send originals!
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of the English language.
- CV including information of special interests, skills and talents that qualify you for the program.
- A letter of motivation explaining why you have applied for this program and that also covers your previous experience in the field of neuroscience (maximum two pages).
- A statement that you did not finally fail in another Master/Diploma degree program or that the decision on such a procedure is not pending.
- A valid email address.
The online application is sufficient only when you obtained your Bachelor’s degree from a German university. In all other cases also certified and translated (German or English) paper copies of your documents have to be submitted to the uni-assist address in Berlin. Regarding the English proficiency proof please make sure that your TOEFL or IELTS results will also be sent to uni-assist (please check here for their Institution Code).
Selection of students
A selection committee will evaluate your application and you will be informed whether you were selected by mid of May.
Following your selection further information concerning the courses and additional facilities here in Frankfurt will be provided.
Please note: International students may have to apply for a student visa at their respective German embassy before entering Germany. Please inform yourself in time about the visa requirements that may apply to you. Also students from EU countries who wish to stay in Germany for more than three months must obtain a valid residence permit. You also will have to provide evidence of sufficient health insurance.